Friday, March 13, 2009

Encouragement - Happy Friday the 13th!

I get a "verse a day" from a website in my email box. I really liked today's, in light of the malaise we feel sometimes. Here it is... This is "Living for the Line".

VERSE:
And if the Spirit of him who raised Jesus from the dead is
living in you, he who raised Christ from the dead will also give
life to your mortal bodies through his Spirit, who lives in you.
-- Romans 8:11

THOUGHT:
If we belong to Christ, we know the Spirit of God lives in us
(Rom. 8:9; 1 Cor. 6:19-20). Because of the Spirit's presence, we
know that we are eternal! The Spirit is God's down payment
guaranteeing that our future is with him (2 Cor. 1:21-22; 5:5).
What's more, even while we're living for Christ now, the Spirit
gives us life in our physical bodies as we use them for God's glory
(cf. Rom. 12:1).

PRAYER:
Father, animate my body with your Spirit so that what I do not
only brings you glory, but it also reflects your character and
grace. To you, O Father, be all the glory for your presence and
power that is at work within me, your child. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Enjoy!

I'll try and post more than every 2 weeks :(

2 comments:

Stacie Bosquez said...

Scott,
That you post at all is a blessing! Can't imagine having to be both parents and the flesh emotions that go with your loss. So glad to hear you continually seek God and depend on Him and His Spirit to lead you through, not just this chapter in lifes journey, but everyday. Great verse and prayer ~ Amen!

Janet said...

Tell Emily Happy Birthday for me or send me your email so I can tell her myself. :)
-Janet