Friday, November 21, 2008

24

Today I will have my twenty-fourth round of chemo in all. Along with a total of ten surgeries and 34 rounds of radiation, it surprises me that this battered body still functions. It also amazes me that I feel so good!

Many people ask about the side effects of my chemo this time. The fatigue is most prominant, yet it really isn't debilitating. The others are just annoyances; my nose runs all the time, except when it's bleeding, food tastes strange to me if I can taste it at all, and sometimes my bones and joints ache a little. The hair loss doesn't really bother me anymore, although I must admit that I would like to keep my eyelashes and eyebrows. So far, so good!

Each moment with my family makes it all worthwhile. God is hearing your prayers and is meeting all our needs. Thank you.

More than that, we rejoice in our sufferings, knowing that sufferings produce endurance, and endurance produces character, and character produces hope, and hope does not put us to shame, because God's love has been poured into our hearts through the Holy Spirit who has been given to us. Romans 5: 3-5

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh sweet Donna I'm so sorry. This posts calls me once again to prayer. Love to you all, Debra

Anonymous said...

You are my favorite person! I love you!

Anonymous said...

lifting you in prayer.
Dianne

Jaina said...

::hugs:: You are in my prayers, you are so brave. Truly an inspiration.

Gwen Stewart said...

Donna, I'm so grateful to God that you're feeling generally well and are able to function. That cheers me so much today! I'm also grateful that you're not in terrible pain from your treatments.

I'm keeping you in prayer. Hope to see you Sunday, and maybe we can set up a time to meet!

God bless you this Friday evening.

David said...

Warm prayerful thoughts going out to you and your family!
David

Anonymous said...

Donna, You are an amazing inspiritation to me. Praise God for your ability to rely on Him. We are praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Donna, I am praying for you.
Shirley's cousin Brenda in Kentucky

Jess said...

Amazing! I'm so thankful for you and all that God has done in and thru you as you have relied on His strength. Love ya, and I'm praying daily! :)