Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thankful

My last post was almost a week ago! Our Thanksgiving was wonderful, and our time away was fun, yet restful. The girls had a great time with our family, and we are all together again, turning our attention to "decking the halls."

My sister's family arrived safely from Japan today, and we are so excited to see them. This afternoon the girls did all of their school work for tomorrow so that we can get to my parents' house early.

We have gotten several inches of fresh snow today. It's beautiful!

Scott sang a solo at church today, and I want to share it with you. It clearly expresses the source of our strength during tough times. Our church usually only records the sermon, so the recording is rough, but I think you'll be blessed anyway! It may take a moment to load.




Your Faithfulness - Written By Brian Doerksen - performed by SDH

**
Thank you for your prayers and the comments that you leave here for us!

9 comments:

Jess said...

Scott, that was SO beautiful! Wow...what a blessing!

I'm not surprised that the girls would want to get done with that homework today. Have fun with your family, especially that little chunker!! :)

Anonymous said...

The song was wonderful! A blessing. You are under Gods wing. This I am certain.

Have a great family day.

Love
Dianne

Anonymous said...

Scott
WOW and WOW again the song and your singing is wounderful. As always all of you are in our prayers talk to you soon
the A's

Anonymous said...

That song was so touching and beautiful it brought tears to my eyes. Always thinking of you and keeping you and your family in our prayers.

Michelle O'Neal

Anonymous said...

Donna and Scott....
The song was so beautiful and as with Michelle it brought tears to my eyes too. So glad the two of you had your weekend together.
Love you,
Aunt Cappy

Gwen Stewart said...

Scott and Donna,

That song blessed all who heard it. I have long wanted to comment on the amazing job Scott does with music at North Oaks, but the opportunity hasn't arisen..until now! It was pure pleasure on Sunday to see God working through a person as mightily as he works through Scott.

I've been to churches where singing is mumbling. Not so at North Oaks, I'm happy to say! Because of your ministry, Scott, all who come feel comfortable to sing...really sing! It's such a joy to be a part of that every Sunday. Praise God for the mighty way he's using Scott's talents, gifts and heart for worship!

God bless you both.

Jaina said...

Glad to hear that you had a happy Thanksgiving. I hope you have an amazing visit with your family. I'm jealous of the snow!

Anonymous said...

Donna and Scott,
I just got a chance to listen to the song and Scott, how awesome. Every time I am down about my pain, I think of you Donna and how courageous you are but most of all how faithful you are to our God. You are a servant above all. You are both a testimony to me. We don't know what tomorrow will bring but God is so good and I pray every day for His will to be done. I missed my hug today but I was in so much pain, I had to leave. I'll get it next time.
Love you both, Linda H

Anonymous said...

Hi Scott and Donna, Merry Christmas to you all! Your song is putting a finishing touch to our Christmas Day here down under...it is very true. Thank you ,,,Love, Ken and Sonia xoxox