Sunday, December 7, 2008

Busy Week!

A dear friend told me she had been worried about me because I hadn't updated much last week. I'm sorry for the absence. I didn't have chemo last Friday, so I was feeling great and I filled each day! I did some shopping and stayed up until eleven o'clock a couple of nights. My sister's family arrived from Japan, so we've had some good time together. We finally met our nephew that was born in March, and my niece enjoyed playing in the snow for the first time in awhile.

Rachel turned twelve on Friday. We took some friends to Chuck E. Cheese on Thursday to celebrate. We also had family celebrations on Friday and Saturday evenings. I also attended a beautiful ladies' tea with my Mom and sisters on Saturday. Yesterday we went to the girls' piano recitals. They both did a great job on their pieces.

Chemo on Friday went fine, and my doctor told me that the comparison of the two CT-scans showed good progress. Hooray! Thank you for your prayers!

I'm feeling pretty well. I just get really tired and my bones ache. These are side effects of the chemo, not the cancer, so I try not to complain. Yesterday, my sweet Emily told me I was getting "just a little whiny" and that a nap would help a lot. Who's the parent here??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi! My parents are here this week, and I am working at Kohl's 37 hours and babysitting...needless to say, I am having a busy week too. I will try to call on Friday! We are praising God for your good report! Also, I can't wait to hear about your nephew! I love you, my friend! When I think of adornment of the gospel, I think of you all!

Patti

Anonymous said...

So thankful for the wonderful update. Glad you have been able to enjoy your family! You have been busy! We are having the couples we have mentored (pre marital counseling)this year for dinner. So I need to scoot.
Love
Dianne

Jaina said...

Such awesome pictures. Emily sounds so adorable. I'm glad things are looking well, and I hope that the side effects lessen. As always, prayers coming your way.