Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Amazed

Wow! ...that's what I have to say about all the people that came to the memorial and the service on Saturday. We are very blessed to have so many people who love Donna and love us. We are still going through the cards and the guest book. I'll post how many people signed the guest book later.

Some people have asked if I'm going to continue the blog. I thought this would be the end, but I know there are some people who really want to know how we are doing down the road. So, for a while anyway, I'll continue to post updates about how the girls and I are doing.

There are so many people to thank, and later I will share some of my thoughts and some things I came to realize during this time. I hope it will help anyone going through a tough time like this as well.

A dear friend, Gwen, posted the following on her blog about Donna the other day, here. Her tribute Kaleidoscope to Donna is amazing to read. Check it out.

Thanks again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Scott and girls, thank you for the post ...hope continuing the blog will help you, even as it helps those of us who long for news . I know that you are on the hearts and in the prayers of many who love you so. May the peace of the Father continually wash over you. D.K.

Gwen Stewart said...

Scott, I missed you Friday at the church when we visited, but will catch you "in person" on Sunday.

I'm praying for you and the girls, and for your music--that God will use it to comfort you in His timing. You're so wonderfully gifted. I pray that God will use the music that vitally lives in you to bring Him glory and you comfort, and not for the benefit of anyone else (in case this feels like pressure: "Sing for us again, Scott!" ;) No pressure. My prayers are for His glory and your benefit only).

Thank you for your kind words--to God be the glory! His blessings are new each morning and His promises never fail!

God bless you today, Harvey family. You are in my continued prayers.

Anonymous said...

Praying for you - Scott, Rachel & Emily. All that you have been too - it seems too much in some ways. I remember a saying I heard a long time ago - that God can bring a rose to grow out of the ashes. We know God had his purpose in all that happened - I pray many beautiful things will come out of the time of pain, and suffering you have all gone through.