Monday, February 23, 2009

Overwhelmed!

Words cannot express the overwhelmed feelings I am feeling. We have suffered a loss that is unlike anything we've ever experienced. We've encountered trials that we never imagined we would go through. I cannot tell you how much I miss Donna. I cannot tell you how much I miss Donna for me and for the girls. My favorite picture of her stares me in the face, every time I sit down in our favorite coffee spot in the house. I look at it and think, "Oh honey,..." How I wish she were here. How I wish to tell her so many things. How I wish I could ask her so many questions.

...but God

God is providing. He is providing for me and the girls like I never would have imagined. And in so many ways. Every need is being met... and much more. I see God's provision in so much of what is going on, that I'm ashamed that I doubt Him sometimes. Many times I want to try and "do something" to help Him out in some way. But what could I do?

I was talking with a good friend when Donna was in the hospital. They had been prayed that they would be able to "do" something for us. But he came to find out, that the "doing" was praying, and the "doing" was being faithful to God, and the "doing" was trusting in God in every circumstance, and not relying on our own feeble attempts. The "doing" is relying on Him; trusting in Him. That His will is good and perfect and always loving.

I still find myself trying to "do" things... and I have to catch myself, and turn back to relying on Him.

A favorite song of mine says, "[I'm] prone to wander, Lord I feel it, prone to leave the God I love..." How true that is of us who are still here. Donna is not prone to wander now... how cool is that!

Please continue to pray for me and the girls... they both are fighting something and have temperatures over 101. Probably take them to the Dr. tomorrow if they are still like this.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Scott, thank you for sharing your heart with us. I cannot even begin to put myself into your shoes and imagine what you and your family are going through. But our prayers continue to be with you. Allow God to uphold you.

Psalm 37:17 for the power of the wicked will be broken,but the LORD upholds the righteous.

Psalm 37:24 though he stumble, he will not fall, for the LORD upholds him with his hand.

Psalm 63:8 My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me.

Psalm 145:14 The LORD upholds all those who fall and lifts up all who are bowed down.

Isaiah 41:10 So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Janet said...

Scott,
Not Doing was something God was showing to me when I was up there. There were so many things I wanted to do in mine and my children's life, when God seemed to show me that He is the one who wants to do in me and the children and in all of us. "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ:" -Phil. 1:6 I just hope I will remember and remind myself of these promises.
We continue to pray for you all down here.
-Janet

Anonymous said...

SCOTT,
I KNOW ABOUT ASKING DONNA SO MANY THINGS, SHE HAD SUCH A GIFT,WHEN EVER I WOULD ASK HER ANYTHING NO MATTER WHAT IT WAS SHE KNEW JUST WHAT TO SAY,ALOT OF TIMES SHE KNEW HOW I FELT WITH OUT ME TELLING HER. SHE REALLY WAS A ONE IN A MILLION-I AM SO GLAD THAT WE HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE BLESSING OF KNOWING ALL OF YOU. GOD HAD HIS HAND IN US METTING LIKE WE DID. I KNOW THAT GOD USED DONNA TO HELP ME THROUGH THE LAST SEVERAL YEARS, SHE ENCOURAGED ME SO VERY MUCH. YES I KNOW THAT WE NEED TO BE LIKE CHRIST AS DONNA LIVED THAT EVERYDAY. YOU KNOW THAT WE ARE RIGHT HERE FOR YOU AND THE GIRLS--PLEASE LET US HELP YOU WITH ANYTHING. LOVE TO YOU AND THE GIRLS
THE A'S

Jaina said...

You are all in my prayers. I am deeply touched by the resilience of your spirit.

Jecka said...

Thank you for continuing to share with us and keep us updated on how you and the girls are doing. You and all of your family are in my prayers!

Jessica