Saturday, October 25, 2008

We can not thank you enough

Donna and I are amazed, quite simply, at the support we've received from our family and friends.

We were talking last night about things... the economy, our girls, our situation, the upcoming election, God's provisions.

We feel so "taken care of" through the all the meals, the offers for all kinds of help, and the encouraging cards and emails. We wish we were able to repay all of you for everything you are doing for us! Sometimes, it is hard to "take" help when you don't want to appear weak or you feel you should be able to handle all that is coming your way.

But God is good! He provides. He has placed us in a family of believers that truly is a community. We are overwhelmed with the love and covering prayer from all of you! We want to tell you all how much we love you and appreciate you.

And we feel His peace. We have our moments, but overall, we know we are free.

Please keep praying for Donna and for the Dr.'s to come up with a plan that beats this thing!
Pray for the girls, that they would see Jesus in all this.

We are forever in your debt!

~Scott

2 comments:

Gwen Stewart said...

Hi Scott and Donna,

A few years ago I went through a health issue, different than yours Donna, but one that for a time made day-to-day living difficult. I tried to be "strong" and resist help: I was fine! I was managing! I could cope! But God, through his unfailing guidance, taught me that I needed to allow people to bless me...that they loved me and wanted to, and to deny them the opportunity was to, in some ways, deny the hands and feet of Jesus.

So I know what you mean about "taking" and "feeling weak". I'm so pleased that you're accepting help despite your feelings of "weakness", and are even reaching out through your need in this blog, which blesses me often.

I hope my words are taken in the manner they are intended. We pray for your family daily, including your lovely girls.

God bless you and we'll see you later,

Scott, Gwen, Drew and Maureen Stewart

Donna said...

Hi Gwen!
Your comments and your writing on your own blog have been a great blessing to me! I saw you at church today and wanted to tell you, but it took me too long to get to the lobby and you were already gone. I would love to chat with you soon!