Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Why Me?

A couple of people have asked if I ever question, "Why me?"

Yes, I do. Here are some of my recent thoughts...

Why was I born in this country, where the latest in medical technology is so readily available? People as close as Canada (50 miles from here) are waiting months to get a biopsy, then just as long to start treatment, so why was I able to start chemo the day after this diagnosis?

In a state where many have lost their jobs, why do I have medical insurance to help us pay for all of this?

Why me? I was born into a wonderful family, married the man of my dreams and have been given two healthy, beautiful daughters. Why have I been given the privilege of being not only their mother, but their teacher as well, spending every precious day with them?

Why do I not worry about my family having food to eat, clothes to wear and shelter?

Why have I been surrounded by friends, family and neighbors who are willing to sacrifice their time and resources to help us? Many in this same situation feel alone and overwhelmed, yet we are supported and encouraged every day.

Do I ask, "Why me?" You bet I do!

Please read Matthew 6:25- 34 and be encouraged!

10 comments:

Bunchy said...

Sheesh...You needed to warn me to get a tissue before I read this one. I think you rock. Love you.

Caprice said...

Donna....
This is a wonderful message tonight, you are so right in your thoughts. How lucky you are to have the attitude that you do.
I love you...
Aunt Cappy

Jess said...

Thanks for the reminder of a positive attitude that can only come from the ONE we serve, love, and adore with all our hearts. I'm thankful for your encouragement that makes me evaluate what I need to be more thankful for. You are a blessing!!

Love ya, and I'm praying! :)

snaphorse said...

AMEN SISTA!

Anonymous said...

You are one amazing person and I am soooo very proud to have you as a cousin!! Love you! Chel

SWC said...

Donna, you are indeed an amazing woman. What an incredible attitude you have. Next time I complain about something I'm going to think of you!

Anonymous said...

So well put! Great reminder for us all. You make God proud!
Love
Dianne

Anonymous said...

Hi Donna,
Mom and I are praying for you. Just reading your blog is amazing...you are truly inspirational. God Bless you and keep up the positive attitude!
Peggy

Sarea said...

I am very excited to be able to touch base with you after all these years . . .Your amazing faith is such a great testimony! Love you!
Sarea Clark Brockman

Anonymous said...

Donna, When I am in pain and starting to feel down, all I have to do is read your positive attitude words and realize my pain isn't so bad. You are an amazing witness. You are in my prayers. Thank YOU for making it a little easier for me to endure my journey.
Love and hugs,
Linda