Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Jammy time!

We got home later than we hoped... around 4pm today. But we are glad to be home. Donna's mom is staying with us to help. Donna ate some soup for dinner and is spending the rest of the night in her comfy jammies and robe, spread out on the couch, listening to a new piano cd that was sent by a friend. The fireplace is on and the girls are tucked away into bed.

She will see the oncologist on Friday for a follow-up and some blood work. Then, next Tuesday she will start a new chemo, Gemcitabine (Gemzar), once a week for 3 weeks, then off one week.

Please pray that the chemo works as intended.

We covet your prayers and know that Lord hears them.

James 5:16
"Therefore, confess your sins to one another and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person has great power as it is working."

6 comments:

Jess said...

There is nothing like your own PJ's to get into and lounge in. Oh man...I love doing that, and would be in them all day if I could be!

So glad to hear you are home. Enjoy the CD. I have it on my i-pod, and I fall asleep to it every night. I just love it! What a blessing it is! She is simply amazing, and I love her even more for putting that together.

Tell the girls hi from me. I was in Downtown Disney tonight, and took pics with a few "Stitch" items, totally thinking of Rachel. :)

Have a great weekend. I'll be praying Tuesday for sure, and can hopefully stop by and see you once I get home.

Sleep well!

Love you all,
Jess

Anonymous said...

Thank God for "comfy jammies"! Can I get an AMEN!

Anonymous said...

So GLAD you are all home together , snug in your jammies!!Praise the Lord for Mom's ...happy that Em and Rachel have their mommy with them and that Donna has her mommy too. Shall we experiment with the "vita-mixer" ? just call. love D. for the K's

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Donna!! Get lots of rest and know that we love you very much!!
Love,
Malora, David & kids

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you got home and all comfy on the couch! Bobby is in Lansing and I spoke with him yesterday and told him you were going home. He was very glad to hear the good news too!! Rest well and know that we will be praying for the new chemo to work well. We love you very much Donna!!
Much love to all,
Michelle

Janet said...

Praise the Lord you are home. We continue to pray for you and will continue to watch the Lord's wonders in your family.
Your cousin, Janet