Friday, January 16, 2009

She's Doing Much Better!

Donna is feeling much better. The nausea being under control is a major blessing! Her symptoms now are (1) an extremely dry mouth (so much so, she has a hard time talking), (2) very sore "insides", (3) and sore throat (neck). She is still very drowsy, but I hope today that will also subside and the cloud will begin to lift.

We can't thank you all enough for praying for us and for taking the girls while we need to go to these appointments.

I'm also amazed at how the Lord is working things out with her care, my job, the people attending to her (Dr.s and nurses), and the support we are receiving from all of you!

This has been a rough month, but we hope we are over the hump now!

Pray:
  1. That the Lord would renew her strength, spiritually and physically (we know he will!).
  2. Her appetite would increase and nausea will not be an issue.
  3. That the blood work to be taken on Monday will return good results.
  4. That she would be able to get a full dose of chemo on Tuesday.
We trust in the Lord.

Sola Deo Gloria!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

PRAISE GOD !!! praying that God would strenghten not only Donna But you as well dear Scott.That you would be lifted and carried by your faith in our ever faithful Lord. d.k.

Anonymous said...

"My lips will shout for joy, when I sing praises to you; my soul also, which you have redeemed. And my tongue will talk of your righteous help all the day long,..." Psalm 71:23-24a

I love you!

Patti

Anonymous said...

I read an article today that said protien drinks can help nausea after chemo. Didn't know if you guys already knew that or not.

Thanks for the update. Makes praying specifically for something easier.

Lifting you before the throne!
Hugs
Dianne

Jaina said...

I'm so relieved to hear that she is doing better. I hope she wakes up some and is able to go home. As always, thank you for the specific prayer requests.

Anonymous said...

As always, Donna, we're thinking about you and praying for you. You are amazing...God be with you.